Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
April 24, 2024, 01:58:18 AM

Author Topic: HID lamp Assembly Royal Enfield thunderbird with Relays  (Read 4608 times)

Mohsin

• View Profile
HID lamp Assembly Royal Enfield thunderbird with Relays
« on: October 09, 2012, 06:55:57 AM »
Hi,

I have recently installed HID kit in my RE thunderbird bike, the HID is working fine and as expected, however recently someone told me that I should have relay in my HID otherwise it will drain battery quickly. So far I am not finding any issue, its been few days and had a ride of an hour or so in night too . My battery is new from Aamron so may be I won't face any issue. But I am not sure, so to be on safe side, do I need relay in the circuit of HID ?
The HID has two boxes, I thought one is with relay, also my HID is AC as per written on its box. I must admit that I went for HID without any prior investigation so I am not sure if I the best stuff or proper stuff.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

krimurali

• View Profile
Re: HID lamp Assembly Royal Enfield thunderbird with Relays
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 10:55:05 AM »
Hello,

Can you post pictures illustrating the original unit removal and how the new HID unit went into the headlamp assembly. That would be more informative. Just a thought. I think we can work on even small repairs and post it something like DIY procedure.

Mohsin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 11:47:27 AM »
Well, may be you are right, for start ups, we should do it here. May be a new section here where we can post DIY guides :)
I will be inviting many RE enthusiasts very soon here :)

Now back to the topic:
Actually that was really tricky stuff, after mechanic did it, I came home and myself fixed things all from start and finally got it working right. Sad part is that it was really an "adjustment" so I can't dare to take out all stuff. But still I will what I can do :)

Perks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 04:55:54 AM »
I think HID kit comes with relay included.