Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
March 29, 2024, 12:32:58 PM

Author Topic: Battery draining quick discharging in Machismo 350 from Royal enfield  (Read 5857 times)

Tarun

• View Profile
Hi,

I am owner of Royal Enfield Machismo 350 and I am quite happy with it but I have few problem with this bike and I hope I will get some information here.

My foremost and disturbing issue is my battery keeps draining too quickly , every few days I need get it recharged externally and I have got it checked from mechanic, as per his diagnosis , everything seems to be in place, he says that battery is fine in test , dynamo and rectifier is also fine. .

Now I am actually lost , should I replace battery ( but its fine on backup in test, only in bike it drains quickly) ..

Any suggestions ?

anand mohan

• View Profile
Re: Battery draining quick discharging in Machismo 350 from Royal enfield
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 12:47:11 PM »
Hi Tarun, welcome to AutoMGC community.

For your problem, is it a new battery or a old battery and how old it is ?
Also make sure you have not circuit being short or touching with body which may unnecessary draining the battery.

Raju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 06:28:15 PM »
How many lights and electrical system you have, I think try to check battery at battery service center.

krimurali

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 07:01:48 AM »
Does your bike have self starter. Do you have decompressor lever on your bike.

Tarun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 10:49:15 AM »
It doesn't have self start , if it was with self start then my life would be hell. I don't think its there as I don't know about it.

krimurali

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 09:09:35 AM »
This will not help you answer your question about battery draining but still I will share for your knowledge sake.

Picture shows the Decompressor. It is used to expel/release pressure inside the cylinder. Have you ever felt the kick start lever is too damn hard to bring it down with a normal kick. That is the time when you use the decompressor lever which operates a valve to open it to release the trapped gasses. This way it frees up the stroke and kicking effort can be lesser.

In self start versions this decompressor action is also done automatically. But in all kick start models, this is done manually. Your mechanic or the previous owner must have removed the whole arrangement with cables. Modern vehicles post 2007 does not need this.