Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
April 20, 2024, 06:05:56 AM

Author Topic: Clunk sound in real wheel - Machismo Royal enfield  (Read 4367 times)

Tarun

• View Profile
Clunk sound in real wheel - Machismo Royal enfield
« on: October 31, 2012, 10:53:17 AM »
Hi

I think I noticed clunk sound or click sound in my real wheel on every rotation, it feels as if some metal is inserted and then removed on full round of wheel. When I am riding, if I concentrate , it comes like 'click - click - click" . I am afraid if something serious is messing up inside ? I am sure it is coming from rear wheel but I am not able to pin point the location. What could the problem bearing on rear wheel ? Or something else ?

Mohsin

• View Profile
Re: Clunk sound in real wheel - Machismo Royal enfield
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 02:12:35 PM »
I think you should not worry about this, I know this is very simple issue and I think it is coming from the chain, you need to replace chain interlock. But before that just have a close look and let us know if it is really your chain .

krimurali

• View Profile
Re: Clunk sound in real wheel - Machismo Royal enfield
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 08:29:21 AM »
It can be as simple a some tiny pebble from the road stuck on the tread of the tyres and being thrown off inside the mudgaurd of your rear wheel and then the sound stops when the pebble is thrown out. This happens often (click click click sound) on my front wheel.

Do you feel any resistance when you hear the sound, only then you can confirm whether it is a mechanical problem. 

Put the bike on centre stand. Rotate the rear wheel by hand and see whether there is anything touching somewhere.