Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
April 18, 2024, 07:57:57 AM

Author Topic: Wider Handlebar for RE Thunderbird bike  (Read 4765 times)

Mohsin

• View Profile
Wider Handlebar for RE Thunderbird bike
« on: October 11, 2012, 12:17:02 PM »
Hi, I am planning to change handlebar for my thunderbird, the current one ie. the stock handlebar is fine but I am looking for wider handling setup. I am looking something like following :

The above is taken from vardenchi modified RE.

However, I am not looking for something very wide or very tall, infact should be shorter in elevation than stock TE handle bars.  So, can I swap it with some other bike's handlebar which will give me the desired holding position or I may need to go for something custom ?

krimurali

• View Profile
Re: Wider Handlebar for RE Thunderbird bike
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:23:20 AM »
Read in some forums that we can use RE Std 350 straight handlebars on the TB and the riding position would be good. I dont know whether it will give you the desired wide feel, but i like to experiment when i visit my mechanic next time.

Or else, try this website. They are very responsive and have heard very good reviews.

www.royalenfieldzone.com

chawlaautospares@yahoo.com

Mobile No. : 09811888918

Mohsin

• View Profile
Re: Wider Handlebar for RE Thunderbird bike
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 12:02:27 PM »
I have already taken leap and ordered wider handlebar , but I dint get the wider I wanted, the one I received is 10 cm shorter, he promised to get me wider one, I will talk to him today..

Below I am attaching image I just clicked for you, handling is now superb, it really gives you feeling of better control over bike. Just to tell, its Yamaha RD350 handlebar in thunderbird.