Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
March 28, 2024, 03:24:24 PM

Author Topic: Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-i fairing rattles  (Read 5287 times)

nikhil gupta

• View Profile
Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-i fairing rattles
« on: November 02, 2012, 10:15:45 AM »
Hi friends,
              I own a Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-i bike which is one of the finest sports bike in the country .Since, the bike has got all the good looks to try on and a good engine to ride on . But, when i bought my bike didn't produces any rattles means shivering sound but now as it completes it's 4 month it start producing fairing rattles, which is quite unreach beyond my limit to fix it i want a better suggestion to how make this rattleness less so as to drive a peaceful ride. Will be waiting for any expert opinion reply as soon as possible.

thankyou

nikhil gupta

• View Profile
Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-i fairing rattles
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 10:16:08 AM »
Hi friends,
              I own a Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-i bike which is one of the finest sports bike in the country .Since, the bike has got all the good looks to try on and a good engine to ride on . But, when i bought my bike didn't produces any rattles means shivering sound but now as it completes it's 4 month it start producing fairing rattles, which is quite unreach beyond my limit to fix it i want a better suggestion to how make this rattleness less so as to drive a peaceful ride. Will be waiting for any expert opinion reply as soon as possible.

thankyou

anand mohan

• View Profile
Re: Bajaj Pulsar 220 DTS-i fairing rattles
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 10:24:19 AM »
Hi nikhil ,
              I know your problem very well actually it's a problem which is common is Bajaj Pulsar220 DTS-i.I would recommend you to first open the fairing and check whether all the rubberized joints and mountings have rubber rings present on them. If they are not then please put them well so as to make it proper.
  Or,else you can do is put  double sided tapes on all the places where the fairing touches any other part of the bike’s body.
     And make sure that you have tighten the oil cooler plastic covers a tag 'oil cooled ' is  written over them. Generally , most of us neglect it and it is to be considered as the biggest culprit in producing sounds.

krimurali

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 10:49:05 AM »
Are you a DIY guy, if yes, dismantle the complete fairing and check whether all the rubber pads/bushes on the fasteners/nuts/bolts and wherever the fairing touches the bike body are in place. Only rubber prevents mettalic/plastic clatter and there is no way you can stop the vibration, but there are ways you can dampen it. Simple problems have simple solutions. Check if all the bolts are tightened properly. Check if all the bolts are available first.

Have you complained the issue to the authorised service centre. Have they solved the problem atleast temporarily. Based on your feedback, we can work together to solve the problem. Cheers...

Automgc

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 11:02:52 AM »
Topic Merged:

Nikhil, please do not open multiple thread for same question.