Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
April 27, 2024, 10:23:33 PM

Author Topic: Which is most spacious small car in India?  (Read 2987 times)

Michael

Which is most spacious small car in India?
« on: November 20, 2012, 10:30:13 AM »
Hi,
    I am a very enthusiastic person towards cars. My passion towards the car is undefined. I am planning to buy a small car just for my family. Since my budget is not big so i was wondering to have a small car which carries more space. I was figuring it out that which car would be the most spacious in small car segment in India. If anyone with the right information please let me know.

anand mohan

• View Profile
Re: Which is most spacious small car in India?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 10:52:03 AM »
Hi Michael,
              I have seen your interest in cars and as per your query, i have listed some of the most spacious small cars in India with it's budget details. I have analyze these car on the basis of their height, length, breadth, wheelbase, boot space, legroom, seat width and head room.

1. TATA INDICA VISTA: The Indica Vista, priced in the Rs 4.12 – 6.43 lakh range, is available with both diesel and petrol engines and while it’s one of the smallest cars on the outside. It's overall length is  3,795mm with  overall width of 1,695mm . It will be a better option in small car spacious segment.

2. Chevrolet Sail U-VA: Chevy’s Sail U-VA is another hatch that doesn’t fall short of space, coming in petrol and diesel variants, the Sail’s prices range from Rs 4.44 - 6.62 lakh. The car is the tallest in this category at 1,690mmand that reflects in the headroom which is the joint second highest on this list. Since it is the tallest it offers quite good boot space and legroom to offer.

3. Ford Figo:  It is priced between Rs 3.85 and Rs 6 lakh.  The Figo lags behind its competitors when it comes to external dimensions, it’s deceptively roomy on the inside. Figo fares fairly well in terms of legroom as well, which may come as a surprise as it has the lowest wheelbase among all the cars at 2,465mm.

4. Hyundai Eon: It is priced from Rs 2.77 to 3.79 lakh it is by far the most spacious car in the entry-level hatchback segment, Eon has far and away the smallest external dimensions on this list.

5. Skoda Fabia: Skoda’s Fabia is also available in petrol and diesel engines, and costs Rs 4.96-7.42 lakh, and it is the longest car on this list. The extra length though hasn’t benefited the legroom that much, as it stands in the lower region of this list. The headroom falls in middle ground, and the same can be said for the lateral seat width.

6. Honda Jazz: This car will cost you  between Rs 6-6.48 lakh. the Honda comes up trumps on two counts, namely boot space and head room. The leg room also features near the top of the table, but the only factor where the Jazz loses out is lateral seat width, which is the lowest among these seven cars.

7. Hyundai i20: Its price ranges between Rs 4.76 and Rs 7.79 lakh, and comes in petrol and diesel. despite having the greatest wheelbase among all the cars that feature on this list at 2,525mm, the i20 also has the least legroom at a minimum of 560mm and a maximum of 780mm. It has a sizeable boot space and head room, joint second highest in terms of the latter. It also has the second highest lateral seat width a fact that is reflected in its exterior width statistic (1,710mm) which is the highest among the list.