Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
March 19, 2024, 03:40:22 AM

Author Topic: What is the difference between Paralled configuration and V-Twin powered engine?  (Read 6957 times)

Michael

Hi, reading out the specs of a newly launched bike in India named kawasaki ninja 300 i encountered a parallel configuration in engine , most of the time we heard normally V-Twin powered engine but this is my first time i got to know any bike who host parallel powered engine. Do anyone out here knows what is parallel powered engine. If yes then please let me know as soon as possible.

anand mohan

• View Profile
Hi, i must say you got a nice eye to encounter this because most of the bike lovers are just looking it.  Answer regarding your query, actually there is a much bigger  difference between these two engines, the v-twin has always developed power and torque down low in the rpm range. the parallel develops power with a few more rpms involved, and likes to spin higher. the new bonnies will run to 8,000 rpm if you like.
the v-twin has 1 cylinder behind the other, leading to a temp difference, the back one getting hotter, which has never really been addressed, in the air cooled version.
V-twins are typically, except for buell or ducatic, in a heavy cruiser type bike.
Parallels are in bonnies, thruxs, which handle a bit, and even the triumph cruiser line will out handle a harley, if you like that style.

Brianwot

I have learned that in a challenger, you can pop a wheelie, and spin tires for a pretty long time, AT the SAME time